The Sales Apprenticeship Levy started on the 1st April 2017. Levy contributions made per month start to be reallocated after 18 months, month by month. Draw down can be made against recognised programmes and qualification such as the SBR/APS Level 4.
There are 2 routes to a Level 4 qualification.
- APS recognised and approved sales qualifications. They can be awarded as part of a programme based on training, self-development, achievement and evidence, by a recognised center such as SBR. No external funding available.
- The Levy can be used if:
- The development programme is >18 months.
- 20% of work time is spent on learning.
- The “Learning Journey” is mapped to the APS Level 4 qualification criteria.
- The company has a UK wage bill >£3m per autumn.
- They work with a recognised center such as SBR.
- Can claim up to £15,000.00 per person who is awarded the qualification.