SEVEN STEPS for EFFECTIVE GOAL SETTING:
1. Set your own goal make it specific, write it down, and set a completion date
2. Establish the “pay value” or “towards motivation” for achieving the goal (i.e., what motivates you to achieve it
3. Identify the pain you will have to endure for not achieving the goal the so-called “ away motivation
4. List the major obstacles you need to overcome as well as your potential rationalisations (“rational lies”) for not surmounting them.
5. Identify the skills and knowledge you need (and ask others if you don’t know what they are
6. Note any habits you will have to change
7. Create a plan of action and set milestone dates – write a schedule (taking into account past data to factor in such things as seasonal variation).
Download Publication PDF